We would be happy to provide you with quality, individually tailored offers for tours throughout Italy, guaranteeing full support throughout.
Taormina - Enta - Syracuse - Palermo - Monreale - Trapani - Erice
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2 – Taormina and Mt. Etna
Walking tour in Taormina set breathtakingly between rocks, gardens and the sea. Its most famous structure, the Greek- Roman Theatre, offers incredible views of Mt. Etna and out to sea. Ascend Mt. Etna, an active volcano, with a licensed guide and enjoy a wine tasting and sampling of local products on the return journey to the hotel.
Day 3: Syracuse and Ortiglia
Visit Syracuse, wander through the narrow, winding streets of the Ortigia Peninsula, the historical centre of Syracuse with its Cathedral and be taken back to ancient times on a visit to the archaeological excavation site.
Day 4: The Madonie European Geopark and regional flavors tasting
Trip along the Southern Appennini Mountains Chain to explore the “Madonie” Geopark. Visit to a local farmhouse to sample a lunch of typical local products.
Day 5: Palermo and Monreale
Explore Sicily’s capital, Palermo, with a walk through the stunning architectural treasures there, before continuing to Monreale where you will enjoy a typical street-food lunch.
Day 6: Trapani and Erice with local pastry speciality
Guided walk through the beautiful old town of Trapani and glimpse the wonderful panoramic landscape of the salt flats and the dedicated museum. In the afternoon, visit the walled medieval town of Erice, which is perched high on a rock and offers a fabulous view of the surrounding countryside. Stroll through the quaint streets of the attractive historic district with its small squares and landscaped inner courtyards. Enjoy a
traditional almond pastry and a glass of Marsala wine to round off the day
Day 7: Departure
• 6 nights with buffet breakfast in well located 4* hotels
• Transport by deluxe AC motor-coach as per the itinerary
• Welcome dinner in Taormina
• Wine tasting and sampling of local products on Mt. Etna
• Lunch in the Madonie Park and “granita” tasting
• Visit to a tomato-farm near Pachino for a cherry tomato tasting
• Street-food experience with “arancini”
• Tasting of almond pastry with Marsala wine in Erice
• Entrance tickets as per the itinerary
• Guided tours in Taormina, Syracuse and Ortigia, Palermo and Monreale, Trapani and Erice
• Headsets for the sightseeing tours
Prices are valid throughout the year, exception made for festivities and bank holidays.
Accomodation in 4* Hotel