We would be happy to provide you with quality, individually tailored offers for tours throughout Italy, guaranteeing full support throughout.
Discover the best of what Italy has to offer. From the Dolomites to Sicily, from Venice to Rome, we provide tailor-made tours and itineraries, specializing in group travel for the B2B sector.
Choose from our selection of Italy Group Tours or create the perfect group trip together with our dedicated team of Italian Travel Experts.
Group rates from just 15 participants
1.Arrival in Bassano del Grappa
2. Marostica, Bassano and grappa tasting
- Hike from Marostica on a panoramic trail through idyllic hilly landscapes, gentle vineyards, olive groves and cherry tree plantations
- Discover the picturesque village of Borgo Giara with its imposing 15th century San Sebastiano Monastery and take in the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside
- Stop in Bassano to admire its famous wooden bridge landmark, rebuilt many times over the years but always remaining faithful to Palladios’ 16th century original, and sample the local firewater at one of the oldest distilleries in Italy.
Today we hike through an idyllic landscape which is perhaps more reminiscent of Tuscany. Departing from the historic centre of Marostica (famous for its ‘‘Partita a Scacchi“ – or chess game enacted with human chess-pieces which takes place every two years on the town square) we pass through the Bassanese Gate and follow along the city walls. We finally reach the village of Borgo Giara at the foot of the Pauso Hills and the imposing San Sebastiano Monastery which dates back to the 15th Century. A most picturesque walking path then takes us along the San Floriano vValley, passing by gentle slopes of vineyards, olive groves and cherry tree plantations until we reach the beautiful small church of Sant’Agata. From here we return back via San Floriano to Marostica.
In the afternoon the tour will continue to Bassano del Grappa. The stately wooden bridge over the river draws all the attention it in this attractive townscape: a work of Palladio. The city is also famous for its grappa distillery. A tasting of this famous Italian firewater is also on today’s programme.
Walking time: ca. 3 ½ hours
Vertical height difference: ca. 300 m
Degree of difficulty: easy to medium
3. Prosecco Hills and wine tasting
- Meander through the enchanting villages and lush vineyards of the Prosecco Hills, proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage Site, take in the outstanding views of the cultivations, and discover the centuries-long love of man for the local territory.
- Learn the secrets of this outstanding sparkling wine, in continually increasing demand throughout the world, on a visit to a local wine cellar
- Sample the local Valdobbiadene Prosecco DOCG accompanied by tasty regional products
Our first guided walk begins in the Valdobbiadene Prosecco area on the ‘‘Prosecco Ring“ nature trail. This 10km route takes us through the villages of San Pietro di Barbozza, Santo Stefano and Saccol, which form part of the Valdobbiadene region and which can all call on a long tradition of viticulture. We visit a local wine cellar where we will learn interesting facts about the production of wine before sampling the local Valdobbiadene Prosecco DOC accompanied by a selection of tasty regional products. Enjoy!
Walking time: ca. 3 hours
Vertical height difference: 100m
Degree of difficulty: easy
4. The Oliero Caves and the Asiago plateau
- Board a wooden boat for a guided tour of the underground world of the Oliero Caves and gasp in awe at the huge cascade of stalactites which intertwine in a bizarre play of shapes and colours
- Hike up a challenging mule track of intrinsic historic importance
- After passing vertical stone walls, gorges and overhanging rocks, an idyllic meadow amidst a clearing of fir trees opens up before our eyes on arrival at Sasso d’Asiago
- Relax on top of the plateau and admire the wonderful panorama
Our first visit today is to the Oliero Caves, one of nature’s wonderful works of art. The Parco Naturale delle Grotte at the foot of the Altipiano di Asiago consists of 4 different caves. After a walk in the park, we board a small wooden boat and enter one of the caves, where we will learn all about this stalactite cave from a local guide. After the tour (approx. 1 hour) we hike up to Sasso d'Asiago on the high plateau of the same name. The path goes uphill on an old mule track with over 4,000 steps. The path extends partly through the narrow gorge, surrounded by vertical stone walls. Finally, we reach the wide meadows of the high plateau and are rewarded by the beautiful panorama.
Hiking time: 3,5 hours
Vertical height difference: 800m
Degree of difficulty: moderate to challenging
5. Urban trekking in Venice and Bacaro Tour
- Wonder at the famous landmarks and discover the hidden gems of one of the most evocative cities in the world with a local guide
- Do as true Venetians do and enjoy a glass of regional wine accompanied perfectly with tantalizing fingerfood on a tour of the little hidden bacari of the city
- Time at leisure to soak up the magical atmosphere of this romantic city rich in history and culture
In the morning we visit the romantic lagoon city of Venice. Our official city tour starts at the Doge’s Palace, the very symbol of Venice and a masterpiece of Gothic architecture. On this tour you will discover the Venice of the Venetians along narrow streets, away from the commotion of the tourists, a city which is full of fascination even in its most hidden corners. Looking out from the Rialto Bridge, the Canale Grande lined with the palaces of noble Venetian families can be admired in its full glory.
Around Midday we enjoy our Bacaro Tour. This tour takes in some of the city’s most ancient osterias where we enjoy glasses of local wine accompanied by a knowledgeable local guide. We stop at 3 different osterias. Each bacaro offers an appetizer, a typical speciality of the Veneto region, to accompany the glass of wine. It may be hot or cold, meat or fish – the choice depends on the season and the personal taste of the Oste (bacaro owner) – this is what locals call a cicchetto.
Walking time: about 4 hours
Vertical height difference: minimal
Degree of difficulty: easy
*Please note that starting from January 16th 2023 Venice will be asking access tickets to be able to visit the historic city centre. We will provide you with the necessary information regarding the new rules and regulations.
5 x nights accommodation with buffet breakfast
1 x welcome drink
4 x 3-course evening meals with set menu
1 x traditional 4-course evening dinner
1 x grappa tasting in Bassano
1 x prosecco tasting accompanied by local delicacies
1 x entrance to the Oliero caves including ride in a wooden boat
1 x return train ride to Venice
1 x Bacari-Tour in Venice with wine and finger food
1 x 2-hour guided tour in Venice
3 x English-speaking hiking tour guides
1 Pair of ACTIVO hiking poles