We would be happy to provide you with quality, individually tailored offers for tours throughout Italy, guaranteeing full support throughout.
Discover the best of what Italy has to offer. From the Dolomites to Sicily, from Venice to Rome, we provide tailor-made tours and itineraries, specializing in group travel for the B2B sector.
Choose from our selection of Italy Group Tours or create the perfect group trip together with our dedicated team of Italian Travel Experts.
Day 1: Arrival in Tuscany
Day 2: Pisa
- We make our way along the Versilian coast and make our first stop in Viareggio
- Our route continues past sand dunes, the notable feature of the Migliarino Regional Park
- Once in Pisa we take in the iconic Leaning Tower and the surrounding Square of Miracles
Today we get to grips with our e-bikes and quickly discover and love how they can make life easy for us! Departing directly from our hotel we make our way through Viareggio, the most sophisticated resort on the Versilian Coast until we reach the Migliarino Regional Park. Passing by its characteristic sand dunes we eventually reach our goal and highlight of the day, the city of Pisa which we will visit with a local city guide. We have plenty of time to have a good look around and take the customary photos of the Leaning Tower before we are collected by coach and taken back to the hotel.
Distance covered: 35 km
Vertical height difference: minimal
Day 3: On the Via Francigena to Lucca
- Today’s cycling tour takes us through the Versilian hinterland to Lucca, making a stop en route in Pietrasanta, the town of artists
- We then join the ancient Via Francigena which takes us to Lucca, where our cycling guide will indicate the most notable sights before taking us on a tour along the well-preserved city walls - We take a deserved break to enjoy a cappuccino and slice of buccellato, Lucca’s traditional sweet bread
Departing once again from our hotel we enjoy a gentle ride into the Versilian hinterland and make our first stop in the picturesque town of Pietrasanta which is steeped in history. The Cathedral of San Martino, founded in the 14th century is particularly impressive.
We then take to the ancient route once used by the Archbishop of Canterbury as he followed the Via Francigena from the UK to Rome over 1000 years ago, and head to the town of Lucca. Upon arrival we get our bearings and enjoy the beautiful panorama on a tour along the old fortified walls. We then leave our bikes, to discover the old town on foot. We take a break to try the local speciality buccellato sweet bread before enjoying a little free time to explore prior to our return to the hotel by coach.
Distance covered: 50 km
Vertical height difference: 420m
Day 4: The marble quarries of Carrara
- Today we go in search of the delightful towns situated between Tuscany and Liguria. Our route takes us from the Renaissance town of Massa to Carrara, the capital of Italian Marble.
- The Marble Museum is particularly worth visiting.
- Tasty break at lunch time to sample the local delicacy of lardo (a type of bacon)
- The day ends with an amazing jeep tour through the marble quarries.
Today we get to discover the beautiful towns which lie between Tuscany and Liguria. Our first port of call is the Renaissance old town of Massa, which radiates around the dominating Malaspina Castle. We then continue on our way to Carrara, the undisputed capital of Italian marble production with its interesting Marble Museum (visit included). Break at lunch time for a tasting of the local delicacy of “lardo”. In the afternoon we experience an amazing jeep tour through the marble quarries of Carrara. Back to the hotel by coach.
Distance covered: about 35 km
Vertical height difference: 390m
Day 5: Lerici and the Gulf of Poets
- The first part of the tour takes us to Montemarcello with its Nature Park and wonderful panoramic views of the Ligurian coast and Portovenere
- We then pass by the village of Luni, once a mighty Roman seaport, until we reach picturesque Lerici on the so-called Gulf of Poets
- Here we stop for lunch and enjoy a plate of spaghetti
We certainly appreciate the extra help of our e-bikes today as we make our way along a steep climb to Montemarcello and its Nature Park. Here our efforts are rewarded with a fantastic panoramic view down onto the beautiful Ligurian Coast. A more gentle route along a cycle path then affords stunning views of Portovenere before continuing on to the once mighty port city town of Luni, and finally arriving in the picture-postcard town of Lerici on the Gulf of Poets. The vision of the silhouette of the Old town will beguile you just as it did many artists over the years. Here we enjoy a dish of spaghetti overlooking the sea. We return to our hotel by coach.
Distance covered: 47 km
Vertical height difference: 450 m
Degree of difficulty: demanding
Day 6: departure
5 x nights accommodation with buffet breakfast
1 x welcome drink
1 x 3-course evening meal with set menu
3 x 3-course evening meals with choice of starter and main course
1 x 4-course Gala dinner with set menu
Salad buffet with all evening meals
1 x cappuccino with buccellato cake in Lucca
1 x visit to the marble museum
1 x tasting of the local “lardo” delicacy
1 x jeep tour of the marble quarries of Carrara
1 x dish of spaghetti in Lerici
1 x 1,5-hour walking tour in Pisa
4 x English-speaking bike guides
E-bike hire included throughout
Bike transfers as per programme
•Top location for the beach, the town and for excursions
•Rich and excellent food
• Seasonal pool included in the price
Location: Approx. 3 minutes walk from the beach and closer still to the pedestrianised area and town centre of Marina di Pietrasanta
Rooms: 52 rooms with safe, hairdryer, satellite TV, air conditioning and minibar on request
Facilities: Restaurant, large lounge, free WiFi, reading room, lift, outside pool with sun terrace
Coach parking: Approx. 250m from Hotel (parking charges settled by the hotel)