We would be happy to provide you with quality, individually tailored offers for tours throughout Italy, guaranteeing full support throughout.
Discover the best of what Italy has to offer. From the Dolomites to Sicily, from Venice to Rome, we provide tailor-made tours and itineraries, specializing in group travel for the B2B sector.
Choose from our selection of Italy Group Tours or create the perfect group trip together with our dedicated team of Italian Travel Experts.
Group rates from just 15 participants
Day 1: Arrival in Tuscany
Day 2: Vinci – Leonardo’s birthplace
- Hike up to the birthplace of Leonardo in the hamlet of Anchiano, situated on a hill enjoying stunning views across the rolling hills
- In Vinci we learn all about the works of this master polymath
- Includes entrance to the Leonardo Museum
Today we travel south towards Monte Albano. The world renowned genius Leonardo da Vinci grew up here, surrounded by olive-groves. Our visit begins in the town of Vinci itself, and heads out in the direction of the nearby hamlet of Anchiano to what is said to be the birthplace of this incredible polymath. Our hike continues past a church and a centuries-old oak tree until we reach the site of a former hermitage. Our hike concludes with a fascinating visit to the Leonardo Museum, dedicated to his life.
Hiking time: 3.5 hours
Vertical height difference: 390m
Degree of difficulty: moderate
Day 3: Lucca and its vineyards
-Pleasant walk through the vineyards surrounding Lucca
- Hike past a 500-year-old oak tree to the picturesque village of Montecarlo, famous for its wines
- Enjoy a tasting of wines and traditional products at a local farmhouse
- Spend the afternoon in Lucca to discover this wonderful city with our hiking guide.
Today we discover the Montecarlo area of Northern Tuscany. Amongst many great products this area is particularly well known for its magnificent white wine. Our route takes us up through a lightly wooded area before we pass by a 500-year-old oak tree and the small village of San Martino until we arrive at the picturesque village of Montecarlo. We will revive ourselves with a typical lunch in at a local farmhouse, known as an Agriturismo. Following this refreshing break we will take the bus to Lucca, and discover the town on foot as we stroll through the narrow streets of the Old Town. We will ascend the city walls and get a birds eye view of the rooftops of the town.
Hiking time: 3 hours
Vertical height difference: 200m
Degree of difficulty: easy
Day 4: Fiesole, Settignano and Florence
- We hike in the footsteps of Leonardo da Vinci from the Etruscan town of Fiesole to Settignano
- Discover the hills where this genius first tested his prototype flying machines and enjoy amazing views onto the beautiful skyline of Florence
- The day ends in the art and cultural metropolis of Florence for a pleasant stroll amongst the many world-famous sights
Our starting point today is the Etruscan town of Fiesole. We follow the Florentine valley and reach the hill where Leonardo da Vinci once tested his flying models. Passing countless olive-groves we arrive at Settignano, a small typical Tuscan village where another great artist Michelangelo grew up. We round off our day in beautiful Florence with its many stunning palaces and churches before returning to Montecatini by train.
Hiking time: 2.5 hours
Vertical height difference: 300m
Level: easy to moderate
Day 5: Chianti – the hills of the Mona Lisa
- Excursion into the classic picture-postcard rolling hills which shape the Chianti landscape and take us through characteristic olive- groves and vineyards
- Visit Greve, one of the most beautiful villages in the Chianti area
- In the afternoon enjoy a tasty truffle hunt followed by wine tasting with snacks in a unique location
This excursion into the classic picture-postcard rolling hills of Chianti takes us past olive groves and vineyards and lush woodlands. Florence can be seen from the hilltops, and on a clear day it is even possible to see the Apennines.
We reach Greve, where we stop to visit one of the most attractive towns in the whole Chianti area. We recommend a visit to Falorni, the award-winning artisan producer of local meat on the main square. In the afternoon enjoy a tasty truffle hunt followed by a wine tasting with snacks in a unique location
Hiking time: 4 hours
Vertical height difference: 350m
Day 6: Departure
1 x entrance to the Leonardo Museum in Vinci
1 x wine tasting with local delicacies at a farmhouse
1 x bus ride Settignano – Florence
1 x picnic lunch
1 x train ride Florence – Montecatini
1 x truffle hunt and wine tasting with snacks
4 x English-speaking hiking tour guides
1 Pair of ACTIVO hiking poles
Location: In the heart of the spa town of Montecatini Terme, approx. 400 m from the thermal spa baths and about 600m from the train station
Rooms: 50 rooms with air conditioning, Sat-TV, telephone, safe, hairdryer, free Wi-Fi
Facilities: Restaurant, bar, lift
Coach parking: Drop off and pick up 100 m from the hotel. Coach parking provided by Montecatini Parking, 400 m away. Luggage service included from coach drop off point to the hotel reception